Saturday, December 11, 2010

Painting

I love to go to Painted by U, even though I must schedule the par- atransit bus. And with poor eyesight, it's not real easy to paint, not that I've ever been real good. But it's a fun place, not too expen- sive, plus both Joann Fabrics and Hancock's Fabrics are in that same strip shopping center (and both those fabric stores also carry - ta- dah! - yarn!). Here are 2 things I painted. The switch plate is in my hall, next to a painting I did at Sips 'n' Strokes, and I more or less painted the switchplate like it. The other is a simple 6" tile that I gave to a friend. She has grape patterns in her kitchen. Painted by U has templates, stencils, and stamps, but I prefer to do my own thing, crude though it may be! I feel that it's more personalized.

No comments:

Post a Comment